The Weaver Center's collaborative approach is popular with school administrators, teachers, collaborating professionals and parents. We believe in using each personís strengths: the student, the teacher, and the consultant, to bring about successful change. Our approach is comprehensive:
- Our clinicians, who come from the fields of psychology, education and speech and language pathology, have extensive experience in working with educational systems. We also have experts in psychopharmacology, vocational assessment, and behavioral management.
- We have specific expertise in the assessment and intervention of children and adults and their families with learning differences, executive function and attention deficits.
- Our practical approaches lead to real life solutions that are practiced every day for success.
- We are available for on-site as well as long-distance consultation on an ongoing basis. We find that continuing consultation builds relationships and accountability that is in the best interest of our clients.
- Our assessment and intervention programs are generally available within four weeks of the first telephone call to the Center. We pride ourselves on quick follow-up and accountability.
- Formats for consultation include: staff in-service training for regular and special education teachers, class observation and skills training, Team Meeting participation as well as Individual Educational Plan development and intervention. When appropriate and requested, we also consult to extended family members, coaches and other curriculum leaders of groups our clients are involved in.
- Self-advocacy skills will be taught to students, parents and teaching staff in order to insure effective accommodations and increase self-esteem.
To understand how our work has helped others, check out some of our testimonial letters or contact us.